9.22.2008

Weekend


  1. So, over the weekend, my husband and I discover that the bottom part of our refrigerator is no longer cooling. Our freezer is still freezing perfectly, but the bottom part is not cooling at all. So, since repairing it would likely be as much as a used appliance anyway, we have opted to replace it. This sounds all fine and good until I say what comes next: this will be the 2nd replacement refrigerator we've had to get since JUNE. That's right. We come home from our honeymoon, and Kenn's fridge had gone completely out. Luckily, my parents had 2, so they let us take one. Now, we have to actually buy one. Yay?


  2. Kenn and I watched Superbad this weekend (no, the boys didn't watch it with us!). Without getting into whether we should/shouldn't watch those movies, it was quite funny in spots. Kenn seemed to appreciate it on a different level than I was able to, having never been a teenage boy myself. I thought it was funny, but I far prefer Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which I need to come out on DVD.


  3. The Emmys were last night. For those who don't know, I am slightly addicted to major awards shows. So, I watched it last night, but I was mostly disappointed. I'm glad 30 Rock won so much, but I feel that Michael Emerson and particularly Neil Patrick Harris were robbed of Emmys. And the opening was painful, not funny. Most of the jokes fell flat, and it just all seemed anti-climatic. I like a feel of gravitas to my awards show, which you can feel free to make fun of me for as long as you wish.


  4. Now, I haven't researched the medical ramifications of what I'm about to request, so if I'm off base or insensitive, that's why. But people, please get your huge huge goiters removed. I know that sounds so callous, but, particularly if your job involves communication, if your goiter is visible enough that you need to cover it with bandages, maybe you should think about removing it (if it's medically possible). Kenn and I visited a church where the pastor had a HUGE goiter on his neck. That he covered with flesh-colored bandages (which I appreciated). I cannot remember what the sermon was about.


  5. Saturday morning, I have the TV tuned to the Kidz Only music channel. My sons are dancing around, my husband is getting to sleep in, and I am cleaning BECAUSE I WANT TO. I don't know how it happened, but I was not going to be happy if that floor didn't get mopped. It was blissful.


  6. Also, my friend Heather took that photo. Check out her photo blog, An Even Ten. The link's on the sidebar.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for the link! You should the new pics I took from my recent flight over Charleston.

I got a sweet new camera for Christmas and am having soooo much fun with it!