I haven't updated in awhile. I need to start updating more. I'm hoping that this music survey thing will motivate me.
I borrowed this from Newspaper Hack. Thanks and such. I also added a couple questions because I wanted it to come out to 25 questions.
1. A favorite political track “My Enemies are Men Like Me” – Derek Webb
2. One of those tracks that will make you dance on the dancefloor no matter what “Canned Heat” by Jamiroquai, OR “Crazy in Love” – Beyonce. Yeah, I stole the 2nd half of my answer from Newspaper Hack. Seriously, I probably could be at a funeral, and if those intro horns started, I’d shimmy in my seat. I can’t control it. I HAVE to dance.
3. The song you’d use to tell someone you love them “In My Life” – The Beatles
4. A song you know would sell lots of VWs (or iPods) if they paid for it (one that hasn’t already been used) “12:51” – The Strokes Actually I have no idea. But I do know that if they used that song, I probably would buy it so.
5. A song that forced you to sit down and analyze its lyrics “Nightswimming” - REM
6. A song you like that a 2 year old would like too “Can’t Get Next to You” – The Temptations
7. A song that makes you drive too fast “Pain” – Four Star Mary
8. A song that makes you feel like kicking someone’s butt “Fighter” – Christina Aguilera Maybe not so much beating someone up, but this song does get me through the worst part of my workout every time, so.
9. A song that both you and your grandparents like “Beyond the Sea” – Bobby Darin
10. The song you’d send to someone you hated “Nothin’ On Me” – Shawn Colvin
11. A sad instrumental song that would be in the soundtrack to a movie about your life “Close Your Eyes” – Christophe Beck (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
12. The peppy song that would start the opening credits in the soundtrack to a movie about your life “Bohemian Like You” – The Dandy Warhols
13. An acapella song “That Lonesome Road” – James Taylor
14. A good song from a genre of music that no one could guess that you liked “Early One Morning” – Nana Mouskouri Yeah, English folk music from 1700s
15. A song you think should have been playing when you were born “Hard to Handle” – Black Crowes OR “Trouble” by Pink
16. A favorite artist duo collaboration “Portland, Oregon” – Loretta Lynn and Jack White
17. A favorite song you completely disagree with (politically, morally, commonsensically, religiously, etc) “Regulate” – Warren G and Nate Dogg
18. The song that you love despite the fact that your IQ level drops several points every time you listen to it “Toxic” – Britney Spears
19. Your smooth song, for relaxing “Paint the Silence” – South
20. A song that you like but would play loud to annoy the neighbors “Transylvanian Concubine” – Rasputina
21. A favorite song that’s about a sport or sports N/A
22. A favorite track from an outfit considered a “super-group” “Take It Easy” – The Eagles; “I Saw Her Standing There” – The Beatles I wasn’t exactly sure what was meant by “super group” as that can generally have two meanings. I just went with “really, really famous and influential.”
23. the song that makes you want to drink more beer “Honey Don’t” – Steve Earle and other guy, OR “To Be Young” – Ryan Adams
24. one of the songs you want played at your funeral “In Christ Alone"
25. favorite Dylan track “Don’t Think Twice, It’s Alright”
So what do you think? Like some of these songs? Hate some of these songs? Both? Hit me up with the comments.