11.22.2005

Hymn

Come Thy Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace.
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount; I'm fixed upon it,
Mount of Thy redeeming love.

Here I raise mine Ebenezer-
Hither by Thy help I've come.
And I hope by Thy good pleasure
Safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger
Wandering from the fold of God.
He to rescue me from danger
Interposed His precious blood.

Oh to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be.
Let Thy grace, Lord, like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love.
Here's my heart, Lord, take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above.

3 comments:

orangejack said...

by far my favorite hymn

Anonymous said...

yo'!

Anonymous said...

I love to sing this hymm! The best part of the whole song is asking God to seal our hearts for Him in the "courts above." We are prone to wander and need to remind ourselves Who we are living for.