11.30.2005

Random Quickie

It was my intention to write a nice long entry about my nice long Thanksgiving break (during which I saw this guy and his wife), but then I realized that I had a mound of work to do, so I'm going to have to disappoint.

But, this morning whilst i was driving to work, I smelled that particular smell that hotel pools have (esp. indoor ones). You know, with all the chlorine? It was odd because I was nowhere near a hotel nor a pool, but it made me think of that one Spring Break that I spent with Cecil and Erynn at the beach. It was fun, and I think it was the last time that I was at a hotel where I went swimming. Anyway, I just love that fact that senses, including smell, are so closely knit to memory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww. . . I remember that time. In fact, I was just back at that same hotel at Christmas, and I thought of it, and was glad harted (as in, my large deer was happy).
I'm retarded.
And also, I know what you mean about smells. Cool Citrus Basil always makes me think of Poland, and fresh hay makes me think of the rabbits I had growing up. And only in the moments when I actually smell them, can I conjur a memory that's almost tangible. I love that.